Monday 12 March 2012

Sadly not to be....... (Well this time, anyway!.....)

(posted by Alan)

Apologies that this is verbatim as posted elsewhere, but it has been a long day!

(I refer, of course, to the results of the Canal and River Trust Council elections, announced today....... )

Well, it seems it wasn't to be - a shame really, as I would really have liked to take this on.

Actually though, for myself I am pleased to have fared so well in what I never felt was going to be an even match with the candidates being promoted by the boating associations. I made it to 8th position out of 33 candidates.

I did considerably better than two of the IWA candidates, the NABO candidate and the AWCC candidate, (and am frankly not a little surprised by this!).

I have been overwhelmed by the number of people prepared to place me high on their list, who I have never had the opportunity to meet, and who would not have heard of me before this election. To get over 330 first preference votes is much appreciated, and I'm very sorry I can not represent those prepared to have such confidence in me.

My sympathies to the other independents who tried hard, and were making the right noises. Maybe see some of you again 4 years from now!

Once again, my extreme thanks to those who have supported me, (and, I should add, some who have taken a particular interest, and offered specific advice).

Alan

2 comments:

  1. You did very well Alan, let's hope that it has been noted by the powers that be how strong feelings are from the 'completely independent boaters. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,

      You had my vote, so sorry it didn't work out for you. The outcome of the elections is even more biased than I thought..

      Heth x

      Delete

We have (finally!) been alerted to the fact that many people have been unable to post comments on this blog. (It seemed a bit odd, as people used to, but it has stopped occurring). We have changed some settings, so hopefully now possible again. Comments will be moderated, and you will need to enter word verification.